Sunday, January 6, 2013

Ranking the Cards needs this offseason

Count me as one who thinks landing the right GM and coaching staff are priorities #1 and #2. But looking ahead a bit, I was wondering what this team's greatest needs were and why. Considering the most sensible starting player and depth at the given position here's a crack at my offseason needs list.

  1. QB
  2. LT
  3. SILB
  4. WOLB
  5. C
  6. DE2
  7. RB
  8. FS
  9. SOLB
  10. G2

Some additional thoughts:
I truly believe that if the 1st five on this list are satisfied, then this team can be really good. (even without the star QB)
I have Levi moving to G1 next to Massie and thus "assumed" G1 was covered.
QB is always priority #1 when you don't have an elite one.
WOLB is arguably the most important position in a 3-4 D along with NT. I have limited confidence in the current personnel.
I don't see the depth behind Dockett (DE2), but I do see some behind Wilson. Carter?
RBs need drops every year because they can be found cheap.
I'm not sold on Williams at NT, but I'm not ready to give up on him

No comments:

Post a Comment